Overview
Overall, this camp exceeded my expectations. It was some of the most amazing days of my life. I think the best part of the camp was really the people you met and what you did with them. The friends I've made at this camp were terrific and the staff itself were also terrific. We got to meet representatives from companies, experts in our group fields, the first female president of Finland, teenagers from all around the world, and other amazing people.

During this camp I've:
-chased ducks 

-used AutoGis software,
- played in a moonbounce like a kid,
- tried and failed to roll my Rs, 
-hung out with amazing people, 
-went on a ferry ride,
-Tried a Finnish Sauna (its amazing)
- ran around the University of Helsinki (Amazing Science Race), 
-constructed a raft
-Tried and spat out the Finnish "candy" salmiaki
-Sat around at a camp fire
-Co-Presented the Urban Planning proposal
-Drunk obscene amounts of coffee
-Met with amazing experts
-Ran around Helsinki and tried out their trams and their metro stations (much cleaner than here in DC)
-Danced, flirted, and laughed 
-Taken too many pictures
-Dreaded leaving Finland
-So much more...



 If anyone is following or reading this blog and would like even more information, feel free to email me, Akila Prayaga, or just comment on any of the blog posts, and we'll be sure to reply back! This camp truly was amazing. Not only has it made me more interested in being a guide next year so I can come back, it has also made me more interested in Finland and studying here in this country. It's absolutely lovely. 

Photos

I set up a group photobucket account which you can check out over here: PhotoBucket

Other campers also documented their experience, and you can check out their Flickr pages over here:
Francisco's Flickr
Eidman's Flickr


Other Blogs
Check out some of the camper's own blog posts about the camp over here:

Anna's Blog Post
Bokyong's Blog Post




Thank you so much for this experience, Millennium Youth Camp. It's been one of the best in my life.

-Akila Prayaga


Leave a Reply